words
i keep finding all these beautifully written blogs. full of rambling truth and brutal honesty. i want to write like that, i want to have the courage to tell you everything there is to know about me. the words are there, but i just can't put them in the right order. on top of that, i'm not really sure i have that courage.having said that, maybe all this beautifully pruned verbiage that i read is just their imagination, crafted just so, to get the 6 figure vistors stats and the +50 comments on every post. that is not what i want, i just want to empty my head.









10 Comments:
you know, I've read some of those blogs. I've read them once or twice, and then, I stop. They are just too much. But I keep coming back here always. *smile*
Sometimes the power is in the brevity. And in the truth. And in the realism.
If you dont have the courage now, you may never find it. There will always be people out there that will judge you and critise you,That is something we cant avoid. So don't live in fear alone, Have the courage and power in you and Do what you want to do.
You have to let go of these thoughts and just be. I hope you find the willpower that is within you.
its not for the stats.It's being honest with one's inner self and not putting on a show, your not in a tv rating system where you go off line when you lose the rating,
so be happy that we read care and love the way you are
Hey, care to provide some of the links? I'm always interested in these blogs...thanks!
I always end up writing to get stuff off my chest and then later feeling all worried that I sound like a fool and have said far too much...then I change my name and blog address AGAIN to cover my tracks or something...haha...pretty funny really. I say just write whatever comes into your head and if you change your mind later there is always the 'delete' or 'save as draft' button.
All I want to say is: That.
Enough prunage!
darling visitor numbers are more of a curse. i used to get 200+ a day (a lot to me) and if i was too busy to post one day i'd feel unbelievable guilty....then when i just couldn't keep up my numbers dropped to like 50. i was so sad!! but i actually feel more free now...less pressure...
on another note, i've always found you wonderfully expressive and a pleasure to read.
write whatever pops into your head, even if it's a jumble of adjectives one day and a sarcastic rant the next....i'll read it.
smile an ever lasting smile
a smile can bring you near to me
don't ever let me find you gone
'cause that would bring a tear to me
this world has lost its glory
let's start a brand new story
now my love
you think that I don't even mean
a single word I say
it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away
talk in ever lasting words
and dedicate them all to me
and I will give you all my life
i'm here if you should call to me
you think that I don't even mean
a single word I say
it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away
it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away
da da da da da da da
da da da da da da da da da da
da da da da da da da
da da da da da da da da da da
this world has lost its glory
let's start a brand new story
now my love
you think that I don't even mean
a single word I say
it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away
it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away
it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away
After my blog's occasional co-editor Stu wrote (perhaps a little tongue-in-cheek) after I'd asked him to cover me whilst away "I only did one post because no one commented on it so I felt lonely and stupid and stopped."
As I replied: "Ah, you've fallen into the blogger "popularity" trap. Best to ignore that there's even a Comment function on it. You're not alone (remember the lurkers). And I'm sure that Dumpy wasn't worried whilst penning his works of art for the Rusty Nuts when he realised that no-one was listening - its the music that counts!
To which he replied: Wise words re DRN. It all makes sense. Lawnmower Deth didn’t give up just because they weren’t number 1 did they? Er except they did.
Hope this is of great use!!!
An interesting post.
Certainly, everything you read over at Pentup is true. If rambling.
What spills out of your head for REAL, though, is often far better and more beautiful than anything you could sit and craft. People think that, for example, UK blog Belle De Jour is made up. But it's just cos it's beautiful and engaging and interesting. Sad people think that because of that it might be not be real.
Sit and type some stuff in Word. You don't have to copy and paste and Blog it afterwards.
But you could.
Bet you're surprised by what comes out when the pressure's off!
Post a Comment
<< Home