Friday, August 25, 2006

bicycle! bicycle!

  my exercise bike did not get a workout tonight. i figured that my first visit to the gym since 2002 was a good excuse to give it a miss tonight. you may or may not recall this post - ha ha ha - it has taken me almost 11 months to get there. my manager convinced me to join her tonight as on friday afternoons it's fairly quiet (everybody is at the pub). i did 27 minutes on the treadmill then pretended to lift some weights. there are mirrors all around which made me a bit self conscious as there were a few strangers there. now that i have made the first step, i will endeavour to keep on walking :) Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 5:44 am, Blogger Walker said...

Its a start. I know when i started i was as enthusiastic of it as I was about paying taxes but then as I found the tred mill and started walking, running and puking I got used to it.
And it had nothing to so with the treadmills overlooking the aerobics class LOL
Just take is easy and before you know it you'll feel great.

 
At 11:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with walker, take your time in getting into it. i want to go to the gym three times a week, but since i joined i can get there twice only. this time of the week, although i work in a call centre and it is sitting all day, it is mentally tiring and i am beat by the time my 2 days off arrive. one more day to go and i can sleep in woo hoo.
happy weekend to you! poet

 
At 7:46 pm, Blogger gal artist said...

I used to walk a loy, great exercize, I even lost weight.

In fact, it worked so well, I quit. LOL

 
At 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try cycling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

* home *