Wednesday, July 19, 2006

the high price of clear vision


new glasses
Originally uploaded by threed.
$690 for a new pair of glasses... with a 20% discount thanks to a deal via my employer, a $150 rebate from my private health cover and a bit of rounding down, the cost was $400. it has taken me 3 months to pay them off.

being as blind as a bat without optometric assistance, it is the price i have to pay.

i guess i had better start saving up my pennies again. it will help pay for the therapy required for blog visitors traumatised by the sight of me in all my optical glory...

12 Comments:

At 3:32 am, Blogger Starbuck said...

Hey, nice photo, & nice glasses.

$690, though - phew - glad my vision's tip-top!

 
At 6:49 pm, Blogger Tilly said...

I think you look lovely- your glasses really suit you -i've been told by my GP to go for an eyetest and i'm not looking forward to hidden costs if i need to purchase my first spectacles in 17 years (it was so long ago that my mum bought my last pair..eek!)

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Babs said...

Ditto what they said up there!!

(Can you tell I'm too tired to think up something original??LOL Forgive me)

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger Sudeaux Lux said...

Yeowww! That's a lotta cabbage, but you still look great. And 20% from your employer? That's the standard rate of help over here, too.

 
At 1:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i repeat what they say one more time, i think you'll scream...so, i'll just say this. have fun with your perfect vision. i sure have fun with mine :D

 
At 1:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't see this so if there is anything posted good if not i tryed?

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger Walker said...

Very nice picture :)
Glasses are getting expensive here to but they are in a competition war and I will be getting a secomd pair for free.
The bi focal part get me going though even though its supposed to be invisable.
I CAN SEE IT. lol
Have a nice weekend

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Rob said...

Nice pic but outrageous price. That sounds very high.

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Teresa said...

I love the glasses. I get new ones on Wednesday. I am not sure what they will be, but they are cheaper than that. Sheesh. That is highway robbery.

 
At 1:55 pm, Blogger Sandy said...

You look great and so do the glasses...that is expensive but what are you going to do if you can't see??

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger Karen said...

The glasses look great on you! $650?! YOUCH! It hurts to pay $200 for my glasses (I get them ever 2-3 years, but contacts every year which are included in my plan with a $20 copay). *HUGS*

 
At 2:16 pm, Blogger Mallard said...

Great glasses! Mine ended up costing me $330... I dont know how I ever existed without these pair of pecription sunglasses before! Glare is my enemy! lol
Cyalayta
Mal :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

* home *